References to industrial touch panel solutions
Touch panel and HMI for industry and production
TRUMPF Laser GmbH
As a high-tech company, TRUMPF GmbH + Co KG offers manufacturing solutions in the fields of machine tools, laser technology and electronics.
With TRUMPF VisionLine image processing, faulty parts are avoided. VisionLine automatically recognizes the component position, passes the information on to the control system and ensures that the weld seam or marking is always placed in the correct position. The Panel PC from Christ Electronic Systems GmbH acts as the central terminal.
- Product with high diversity and modularity for different requirements and needs
- There are several expansion stages in the VisionLine, depending on performance
- Use of the Christ Panel PC in many different divisions within the TRUMPF Group
- Delivery of numerous expansion stages
- Christ Electronic Systems GmbH is TRUMPF Premium Supplier
Advantages of the solution:
- Christ guarantees an extremely long availability of the products. The entire life cycle is around 20 years including availability of spare parts.
Coperion GmbH is a leading global company in the fields of compounding and extrusion, dosing and weighing technology, bulk materials handling and related services.
The challenge in extruder technology is the size of the plants. Some of them are more than 50 meters away from the central control cabinet.
With the SMART Distance Link technology from Christ Electronic Systems GmbH, the operation of these extensive plants is guaranteed even over long distances.
- Ensuring the transmission of the signals over long distances.
- Development of an OEM operating panel with direct machine operation
- Coperion was a beta customer in terms of product development. The company gave Christ the opportunity to deliver and test the system before it was fully completed.
- The SMART Distance Link solution is available in the same look both as an add-on solution and as an installation panel.
Advantages of the solution:
- The SMART Distance Link unit uses the TCP-IP standard
Display solutions in the industry for mechanical and plant engineering
Touch panels must withstand special environmental influences, especially in industrial environments. They are often exposed to heat, dust, vibration or moisture. The operating devices must reliably master these challenges. This means that the housing must also meet special requirements. Touch Panels in industry must have a robust and completely closed design, for example to prevent dust from entering or to ensure good cleanability. Industrial touch panels are often used in environments where they come into contact with dust or liquids. To ensure proper operation, the displays must be easy to clean and of course prevent foreign matter from entering the interior of the devices.
Industrial touch panel solutions with multi-touch and glove operation
The standard use of multitouch and gesture control helps to avoid mistakes due to incorrect touch. This makes a major contribution to process optimization and avoidance of production downtime due to operator error. In many industrial plants, gloves are used. Nevertheless, machine operation must be ensured. Operating errors can be reduced by adapting the touch behavior to the gloves used.
Industrial touch screen: Mechanical operating elements and OEM devices
In many machines and systems, mechanical elements such as buttons are required in addition to the touch panel to implement certain functions (e.g. the emergency stop as a standardized function). Here the panel is supplemented by a push-button extension, which can then be configured individually. In order to match the design of the machine or plant, it may happen that the standard versions of the housings do not fit into the existing machine concept or do not correspond to the design draft of a new plant. By designing OEM devices, both design and performance requirements can be tailored even more individually to the respective demands. The machines and systems are usually in use for many years. For this reason, long-term availability of the touch panels and the individual components is particularly important to prevent production downtimes. These cost manufacturing companies a lot of money quickly.
Performance classes of industrial touch panels
Every machine and every plant has different requirements for the HMI. For example, powerful panel PCs or compact thin client solutions can be used. For particularly large systems, signals can be transmitted over long distances with the help of a remote variant. The touch panel monitors can also be used as display solutions on the machines.
Touch panel solutions and digitalization in industry
The demands on machine control systems are becoming increasingly complex. Data from the PLC enable monitoring of the machine status and, if necessary, trigger actions by the machine operator. The real-time availability of data and the networking of individual machines and systems in terms of Industry 4.0 and IIoT solutions is becoming increasingly important. For this reason, the corresponding applications for monitoring and machine control are also becoming more extensive and more demanding.
Advantages of the industrial touch panel
solutions from Christ
- Robust construction for use of the panels in harsh industrial environments
- Planning reliability for machine builders through long-term available components
- Modular configuration allows great scope for individual solutions
- OEM solutions as fully customized panel solutions
- Industrial touch panels are optimally suited for HMI and machine operation
Are you ready to dive into the world of Christ ES?
Our cases and support arm systems meet the highest demands.
Convince yourself and choose your personal information brochure.
And don't worry: we won't send you a newsletter that you don't want to receive.
What you get:
- Completely closed construction allows easy cleaning, which makes the units suitable for hygienic requirements
- High ease of use due to touch calibration, make use possible even in harsh environments
- High protection classes prevent the penetration of dirt and liquids. VESA touch panels are therefore optimally suited for use in industrial applications